The Intellectual Property team at Devine Millimet assists clients in the comprehensive protection and management of patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. Through our network of associates in foreign jurisdictions, we provide prior art searches, patentability evaluations, and validity and infringement opinions. In addition to expertly protecting trademarks and defending infringement of patent right, we work with clients on the sale of their intellectual property.
Our group was ranked as one of the 2010 Best Law Firms in New Hampshire by U.S. News Media Group and Best Lawyers in the practice area of intellectual property law and awarded the Best of Business award for a law firm intellectual property group by New Hampshire Business Review in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, and 2015.
We perform trademark searches and advise clients regarding the availability of new trademarks and service marks. We also assist with trademark registrations at the federal and state level.
Licensing & Technology Transfers
Devine Millimet represents owners of intellectual property in connection with monetizing those properties through licensing, technology transfers, and the formation of joint ventures.
Intellectual Property Audits and Due Diligence
Our intellectual property team regularly addresses issues involving the valuation of technology and intellectual property portfolios that arise in connection with financings, equity investments, and mergers and acquisitions.
- Rendered freedom-to-operate opinions and counseling on product designs for a New Hampshire medical device company.
- Represented a university in licensing technology to a newly-created spin-off company.
- Represented an author in negotiating a book publishing agreement.
- Represented a New Hampshire manufacturer in a trademark infringement case against a large multinational company.
- Provided intellectual property counseling to a software company in a merger with a Fortune 500 software company.