Devine Millimet lawyers routinely represent commercial financial institutions, venture capital firms and private finance lenders as well as borrowers in connection with complex secured and unsecured credit-based transactions. Devine Millimet lawyers seek to provide aggressive, creative representation for its clients at a reasonable cost and take pride in their reputation for hard work and the ability to complete transactions.
Transactional matters and representative work undertaken include all facets of real estate-based lending (land and existing commercial facility-based acquisition financing, construction and permanent loans and other mortgage-based financing), securitized lending and structured finance, asset and cash-flow-based lending, equipment financing, venture capital financing, loan participations and syndications, intercreditor agreements, letters of credit and banker's acceptance facilities, and credit enhancement facilities for, among other matters, taxable and tax-exempt bond financing for borrowers and credit enhancing lenders. In addition, Devine Millimet is one of the few New Hampshire-based firms that is recognized bond counsel and regularly represents institutions in connection with the issuance of bonds.
Devine Millimet lawyers have represented clients in virtually all facets of commercial lending transactions, including loans secured by collateral such as aircraft, yachts, machinery and equipment, accounts receivable, inventory, securities and various types of contracts and other collateral. We typically participate in the structuring, drafting of documentation, negotiation and closing of commercial and other credit-based transactions for a diverse variety of industries with manufacturers, distributors, retailers and service providers. Our practice areas include: asset-based loans, interest rate swaps, tax-exempt financing, mezzanine and subordinated loans, highly leveraged loans, including buy-out type financing, letters of credit, commercial mortgage based financing, and standard loan structures. We represent both lenders and borrowers in various commercial loans for a large number of small- to middle-market sized companies, leveraged buy-out financing and large syndicated credit transactions to investment-grade corporations.
Real Estate-Based Financing
Devine Millimet has represented borrowers, commercial lending institutions and private financiers in the financing of existing buildings and facilities and construction-based lending for the following types of facilities: office buildings, industrial and manufacturing facilities, hospitality based-facilities, retail properties, multi-family residential dwelling unit properties, and nursing home and other healthcare-based facilities. We have represented multiple clients with respect to construction and permanent financing, purchase money loans, foreclosures and resales of all types of properties (commercial, industrial and multi-family residential dwelling unit properties), as well as seller-based financing arrangements. The size of the transactions range from several hundred thousand dollars to multi-million-dollar transactions.
Recognized Bond Counsel
Our lawyers regularly represent institutions in connection with the issuance of their bonds. We are one of the few New Hampshire-based law firms that are recognized bond counsel. We represent various public entities, such as municipalities and school districts, in the issuance of tax-exempt bond obligations and taxable bond obligations. Additionally, we have represented a number of institutions, such as hospitals and colleges, in raising funds through a public or private issuance of bonds. We also have acted as counsel to underwriters with respect to various state bond issues and to lenders issuing credit enhancements.
Venture Capital and Private Equity
Devine Millimet's venture capital and private equity attorneys represent numerous early-stage funds and Angel groups, private equity investors, and venture-backed businesses. Depending upon whether we are representing the fund, the private investor or the company, we provide advice in formulating the appropriate terms and conditions of private equity investments. Our practice involves representation of all types of financing from early or seed stage investments through further additional rounds.
Financial Institutions Regulatory Practice
Our Financial Institutions Regulatory Practice advises clients on the provisions of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act that are now effective. We also monitor the consideration and adoption of regulations by the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- Represented numerous financial institutions in multi-million-dollar syndicated financings
- Represented national maintenance and preservation company in $41,000,000 syndicated refinancing transaction
- Represented health care provider in a tax-exempt bond financing transaction with the Business Finance Authority of the State of New Hampshire in excess of $19,000,000
- Represented private foundation in tax-exempt bond financing with the Business Finance Authority of the State of New Hampshire in excess of $15,000,000
- Represented financial institutions issuing credit enhancement in the form of Standby Bond Purchase Agreement for Hospital Revenue Bonds issued by the New Hampshire Health and Education Facilities Authority in excess of $19,000,000 and in the amount of $10,000,000
- Represented financial institutions issuing credit enhancement in the form of Direct Pay Letters of Credit and Hospital Revenue Bonds issued by the New Hampshire Health and Education Facilities Authority or the Business Finance Authority of the State of New Hampshire in various amounts
- Represented issuer and acted as bond counsel in connection with tax-exempt bond financings
- Represented financial institutions in complex ESOP financings
- Represented privately held corporation in a $10,000,000 Series D private equity financing transaction
- Represented privately held corporation in a $20,000,000 private debt and equity financing transaction pursuant to the issuance of Series B Preferred Stock and the refinancing of its existing debt and equity structure
- Represented privately held corporation in a $15,000,000 private debt and equity financing transaction pursuant to the issuance of senior subordinated notes with attached warrants and the refinancing of its debt and equity structure pursuant to the issuance of junior subordinated notes